Are you ready for a challenge?
Nothing gets me more motivated than a challenge! I’ve done several over the years and have even managed to rope in my sister and mom to do some with me. I’ve done a 30 Day Plank Challenge, a 30 Day Crunch Challenge and even a 30 Day Jump Rope Challenge- I love it! In fact, I even have a Pinterest board dedicated to 30 Day Challenges. There’s something satisfying about taking just a short time out of your day, doing something that will make you better physically or mentally and having that feeling of satisfaction. I’m not going to lie, I also love the thought of having an end in sight. To me, 30 days is a good amount of time to try something out, decide whether I like it or hate it and to see if I want to continue to make it a daily habit.
I’ve been reading a lot lately about mindset and how the power of your thoughts can change your perception of the world. After my last post about gratitude, I thought it would be fun to host my first 30 Day Challenge: Gratitude Daily. It’s perfect for me because it gives me something to focus on each day and helps me slowly change the way my brain works.
There are a lot of gratitude challenges out there, and to be honest, they are pretty similar. This Challenge: Gratitude Daily will focus on the same things, but there are a few differences that will hopefully keep it interesting. I hope you consider challenging yourself with me on this 30 day journey, because I think you will see a shift in your life and surroundings. I truly believe that if more people had a grateful attitude the world would be a better place, because gratitude attracts abundance all around. So, what do you say? Will you join me in Challenge: Gratitude Daily for the month of September?
30 Day Challenge: Gratitude Daily
1. Find something about your body you love and say thank you
2. Write 5 things you are grateful for today
3. Be grateful for something in nature
4. What book or story are you grateful for?
5. Find an object to keep in your pocket and every time you touch it say thank you
6. Be grateful for a furry companion
7. Find a lesson in a bad situation and be grateful for it
8. Be grateful for the person standing next to you
9. Smile at a stranger and send them some love
10. Be grateful for your health
11. Write a thank you note to someone
12. Say thank you before every meal and before every drink
13. Be grateful for Instagram and that you are reading this post!
14. Be thankful for a teacher you’ve had
15. Write 5 more things you are grateful for
16. What gift/talent do you have to be grateful for?
17. Be grateful for the sunshine
18. Be thankful for a family member
19. Be grateful for the fresh air you are breathing!
20. Be grateful for a family member
21. What’s your favorite memory? Be grateful for it!
22. Be grateful for a friend or co-worker
23. Write 5 more things you are grateful for
24. What do you take for granted? Say thank you for it!
25. Be grateful for the moon and all of the cycles it goes through
26. Be grateful for a good night’s sleep
27. What’s your best personality trait? Be grateful for it!
28. What about your surroundings are you grateful for?
29. Be grateful for the place you live
30. Take a breath and be grateful to be alive
Each morning, starting September 1st, I will post the daily challenge on Instagram and what I am personally grateful for. Although I do try and write down ten things I’m grateful for every morning, lately I’ve been slack and only hitting this particular part of my morning routine 3-4 times per week instead of daily. I’m hoping this will help me stay on track as well and make this habit concrete and a cornerstone of my life. I find it amazing how easy it is to wake up in the morning and go through a majority of your day without saying thank you for being alive even once! I know I’m guilty of that! Oftentimes my body goes on autopilot in the morning and I find myself going through the motions with no intent in my actions or thoughts. Changing your thoughts and intentions is a hard thing to do, but I think the simple thought and phrase of “thank you” is enough to shift the entire Universe in your favor. Won’t you join me?
Check out my Instagram account @notwastingmytimeblog and follow along with me starting on September 1st. Let’s spark a light of gratitude in our hearts that will start a fire of love that will consume our lives.
If you would like to check out my other goals, click on the links below.